Long time didn't update my blog.Lately i very busy with work and some cake order from my friend.I also didn't make anythings lately for my family.I have bought some berries to make cake but the end is all i ate like that.No time to think and no time to bake.
This Hum Choy i make it 1 month ago.This is the 1st time i make and the last time i make.I won't make any Hum Choi after this.Why?Because my panel doctor (Traditional Chinese Medicine) say my mother and i can not eat Hum Choi.My mother legs will pain after eat Hum Choi and my hand also feel very pain after eat Hum Choi.I love Hum Choi very much.Too bad i can not eat anymore. :(
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Nasi Lemak Lover
2kg mustard greens ( kai choi )
3-4 litres water or enough to cover
1tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp rice flour,mixed with 4tbsp water
- Wash and cut the mustard greens into half.Rub salt in between the leaves and stem then set aside for about 6 hours to draw out the moisture and wilt the greens.
- Bring water and brining ingredients to boil.Then set aside to cool before use.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the mustard greens and put it into jar.
- Pour the cooled brining solution into the jar.
- Cover the top with plastic sheet and cover by lid.
- Put the jar in a cool place to ferment for 7 days.(I forget it already,when i remember it already ferment 2 week)
- Remove the mustard green after that and without squeezing out any liquid,discard brining solution.
- Put the hum choi in an airtight container and store refrigerated for up to 2 months.
Before i end this post i will like to share some cake order from my friend.
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese.This is a mother's day cake.Order from my colleague for her grandmother,mother and aunty.
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Chesse and Mocha Checkerboard Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream (recipe source : Wendyinkk and minor changes).This 4 cakes also a Mother's Day.My friend order for her mother,mother in law and 2 aunty.I using 2 days to finish it.Feel very tired after that.
This also a Red Velvet Cupcake for a 26 year old birthday girl.Girl things theme....
This time no more Red Velvet Cake.This time will be Honey Vanilla Cupcake.Tonight i only make the cupcake.I make this fondant yesterday.My friend order this cupcake for tomorrow farewell party at office.