Many Chinese people won't use this fish to cook.Normally they will use it to boil soup.Black bean and Catfish soup.For me i love this fish very much.It very sweet and less bone.Deep-fry it also yummy.
This is my 1st time grill this fish.
Air Asam Mangga(Mango Sour Gravy)
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Book entitled Cita Rasa Malaysia-Kedah by Chef Habibi
( A )
3tbsp turmeric powder
salt for taste
some tamarind (asam jawa)-mix with some water
( B )-Mango Sour Gravy
5pcs red chilli
10pcs chilli api
1 cup tamarind water (air asam jawa)
1 large onion
salt and sugar for taste
I using charcoal to grill the fish.You also can use oven to grill it.
- Clean the fish and soak it into tamarind water.Then wash it again and add in salt and turmeric powder.
- Grill it over charcoal until cooked.
- Set aside.
Mango Sour Gravy
- Blend belacan,red chilli and half of chilli api with tamarind water.
- Then add in salt and sugar for taste.
- Finely chopped chilli api and onion.Mix it with blended chilli and add in chopped mango.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with grilled fish.
- Garnish with calamansi.
Easy and yummy grilled fish.Must try.
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest,Kedah and Perlis month
hosted by Wendyinkk of Table for 2....or more