This cake special make for my colleague birthday.I want to make this cake long time already.I think all people will love it.Because it full of flavor.Chocolate,coffee and banana.Chocolate and coffee always my favorite...hehehe.....So,you know why i choose this cake.
The banana slices become dark after take out from the fridge.I already put lemon juice on the banana before i deco the cake.
Poor cutting techniques.I think i have make more to improve myself..hahaha....
Here is the recipe :
Sponge Cake250g sponge cake mix
2tbsp cocoa powder or chocolate powder
3 eggs (Gred-A)
80g melted butter or corn oil
- Place all sponge cake mix ingredients except melted butter or corn oil in a mixing bowl.Beat at high speed for 8-10 minutes or until the batter fluffy.
- Turn off machine,fold in melted butter or corn oil.Then pour the batter into lined cake pan.(I using 7' cake pan)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180'c for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down.Once cool,cut into 3 equal layers.
200g dark cooking chocolate
100g dairy whipping cream
- Double boil dark cooking chocolate and cream until melted.
- Set ganache aside covered with cling film.
Swiss Meringue Buttercream
recipe source : Wendyinkk
60g eggs white (from 2 large eggs)
100g white sugar
170g unsalted butter-room temperature (cut into small pieces )
Method and step-step pictures please ref here.
Thank you Wendyinkk sharing this Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe.
1 comb banana
some lemon juice
- Peel and halve horizontally.
- Slice 2 banana and put some lemon juice on it.
- Place a layer of sponge cake on a cake platter.
- Spread some buttercream over the cake and layer with banana,drizzle some ganache over the banana.
- Cover with some buttercream before putting another layer of cake.
- Repeat with another layer of buttercream,banana and ganache then lastly with cake.
- Cover the whole cake with buttercream.Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Then put the ganache over the cake and put back in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- Decorate the top with some rosettes of cream and sliced banana.
- Refrigerate the cake at least 1 hour before cutting and serve.(i put in fridge overnight)
I will submitting the post to Aspiring Bakers #18 : Layer of Love (April 2012)
hosted by Sam of Sweet Samsations