I think so long what I want to cook for this month MFF.I planning to bake Ogura Cake but failed.So I change my mind.Then I search on Facebook then I saw Alan Goh post.It look good.I think it will taste good.It really taste good.
One word about this dish......YUMMY....I ate 2 bowl of rice with this dish only.Hot and sour.
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Travellingfoodies
500g ikan pari
1 bunga kantan-halved
2-3 branches of daun kesum (some call it laksa leaf)
3 stalks of lemongrass (serai)-slightly crushed
some lady's finger
2 tomatoes - quartered
4 slices of asam keping
some cooking oil
sugar and salt for taste
Rempah ( Blend it together )
10 dried chillies,remove the seed and soaked to soften
1 medium red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 inch of ginger and turmeric
some belacan powder
- Heat up some cooking oil.Saute the rempah paste over medium heat until oil begins to separate (pecah minyak)
- Add in the lemongrass,bunga kantan,asam keping and water.Bring to a boil.
- Then add in daun kesum (laksa leaf) and ikan pari.
- Let it simmer at medium low heat for about 2-3 min.
- Then season it with salt and sugar.Taste it and adjust taste with more salt and sugar if necessary.
- Add in lady's finger and tomatoes.Cook for a while.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with white rice.
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest, Johor month
hosted by Annie of Annielicious Food