You will feel funny when looking at this pau.If you feel want to eat pau and 'lo mai kai' but it will too full.This is what you want.It is a pau with glutinous rice filling.
Recipe source : Y3K cookbook-PAUS by Coco Kong
Ingredients for skin
( A )-Mix together
1tbsp instant yeast
( B )
250g pau flour
20g wheat starch flour
50g icing sugar
1tsp white vinegar
Ingredients for filling
( C )-Marinated for 1 hour
1 pcs of whole chicken leg-cut into pieces
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp dark soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp say sauce
1tsp chinese cooking wine
( D )
1 medium onion-diced
5-6 dried mushrooms-soaked and diced
2-3 buttom mushrooms-sliced
( E )
1tbsp dried shrimps-soaked and diced
( F )-Mix together
300g glutinous rice-soaked for 4 hours,drained,steam over high heat for 20 min.
1tsp dark soya sauce
1/2tsp mushroom seasoning
some salt,sugar and pepper for taste
( G )
3-4 salted egg yolks-halved ( if you want to use whole egg yolk,steam the yolk until cooked )
( H )
8pcs small size mushrooms-soaked
For thickening-mix together
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour,65ml water
- For filling:Heat wok with some oil,saute ing ( D ),add in ing ( C ) and some water.Stir-fry untill the chicken is cooked then thick it with cornflour mixture.Dish up and let it cool.Divide into 8 part.
- Heat wok with some oil,saute ing ( E ),add in ing ( F ),fry well.Dish up and let it cool.Divide into 8 parts.(I didn't soak and steam the glutinous rice cos i using my pressure cooker to cook the glutinous rice.I saute ing ( E ) then add in raw glutinous rice mix with the seasoning and put in water cover the rice and press high pressure for 3 min.After 3 min let it sit inside the cooker for another 3 min.)
- For skin:Combine ing ( B ）in a big mixing bowl then add in ing ( A ),mix well.Knead the dough for 2 min till becomes shiny and soft.Cover the dough with cloth and proof for 30 min.Divide into 60g each part.You can get 8 parts.
- To shape:Knead no.(3) into long and slender shrip,coil into a circular ring around exterior bowl loosely.Repeat process.Cover and proof for 30 min.
- Bring water to boil,place into wok a steaming rack.Lay a piece of cloth on top.Arrange no.(4) on it.Steam over high heat for 5 min.
- Remove the pau from the bowls,lay it upward onto foil cups.Place in 1 piece ing ( H ),( G ) and filling no.(1) then cover it with no.(2).Repeat process.
- Bring the water to boil,place into wok a steaming rack.Lay a piece of cloth on top.Arrange no.(6) on it.Stream over high heat for 10min or until cooked.