This is my Sotong Sumbat.As i know Terengganu Sotong Sumbat or Ketupat Sotong is white in colour.But the book I bought titled Terengganu cuisine,it like rendang.It spicy.
I love this Sotong Sumbat.The glutinous rice is so sweet.Must try it.
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Book entitled Cita Rasa Malaysia-Terengganu by Chef Hafiza
8 big size squid
1 cup glutinous rice ( wash and soak it at least 1-2 hours)
1 stick of cinnamon
3 cardamom pods
1 stalk lemon grass, crushed
1 tbsp chilli paste
1 tbsp kerisik
1 tsp brown sugar
1 liter coconut milk
3 pcs kaffir lime leaves
salt and sugar for taste
3 pcs onion (ground)
1 inch turmeric (ground)
1 inch of ginger (ground)
- Clean the squid and remove the bones.
- Stuffed full three-quarters of glutinous rice in the squid stomach.
- Use the stick to attach the base of the head on the body of the squid.Set aside.
- Saute cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.Then add in lemon grass, chili paste and blended materials.Saute until fragrant.
- Pour in coconut milk, brown sugar, salt and squid.
- Mix well, then add kaffir lime leaves and the kerisik.
- Turn to low heat and cook until the glutinous rice cooked.
- Ready to serve.