Seremban,my lovely town.See Seremban I can sure everyone got one thing in mind...SEREMBAN SIEW PAU.
Siew pau is a roasted bun with pork or chicken filling.The skin is crispy and fragrant with sweet and salty filling.If you come to Seremban but didn't bring back Siew Pau,you will regret.Hahaha...........
As I know many recipe in Internet,they'll put green peas.But Seremban version is don't have green peas.For me I like Seremban version,that without green peas.Hope you will like my version.
Recipe source : Catherine Chia
Pastry method source : My Kitchen Snippets
( A )
60g butter-I use salted butter
( B )
- Mix well flour and butter of pastry (A),then add in sugar and water.Knead into dough (A).
- Mix well pastry (B),knead to a dough (B).
- Leave dough (A) and (B) for 30 min.
- Divide the both dough into 20 equal pieces.
- Wrap the dough (B) into dough (A) and flatten it.
- Roll the dough into long flat piece and roll it up like swiss roll.
- Put the dough 90 deg and roll into flat again and roll up like swiss roll again.
- Put it in fridge for 30 min. ( update on 4/1/2013)
- Then press dough with palm and lightly roll out into a circle.
- Place 1tbsp filling on the dough.
- Wrap and pleat into pau shape.
- Brush some egg fluid on surface.Put some sesame seed on top.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 180'C.
500g pork or chicken meat-I minced it.
some cooking oil
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp light soy sauce
1tsp dark soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1/2tsp white pepper
pinch of five spice powder
1/2 tbsp corn starch
- Heap up some oil,saute onion till fragrant.
- Add in the meat and fry for a while.
- Add in seasoning and some water.
- Fry until a bit dry up.
- Add in gravy.
- Turn off the heat and remove.
- Leave to cool.
Step by step picture.
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest ,Negeri Sembilan month,
Host by Hody Loh of Cook 4 you & me