This is my 1st dish for MFF Negeri Sembilan month.This is one of the way cook Masak Lemak Cili Api.I used smoked Catfish (Ikan Keli Salai).You can smoke the fish at home.It very easy.It just like BBQ.
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Book of Citra Rasa Malaysia-Negeri Sembilan by Chef Masnah
( A )
5 smoked catfish (ikan keli salai)
3 cups coconut milk ( santan )
1 stalk lemongrass ( serai )
16 averrhoa bilimbi ( belimbing buluh
salt and sugar for taste
( B )
15-20 chili api
1 inch turmeric
- Add in blended ingredients and coconut milk into heated wok.Then stir until it boil.
- Then add in lemongrass and averrhoa bilimbi ( belimbing buluh ).Stir until boil.
- After boil add in the fish.Then add in salt and sugar.Taste it.
- Let it boil awhile or until the fish is cooked.
- Turn off the hear and serve it hot with a bowl of hot rice.
averrhoa bilimbi ( belimbing buluh)
source : Dess Dahasry
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest,Negeri Sembilan month,
Hosted by Hody Loh of Cook 4 you & me