This is my 1st dish for Perlis and Kedah month.Super yummy laksa.This laksa is very different from other laksa.It like Penang Asam Laksa.Sour and spicy.
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : Reizanie's Recipe Collections
6 pcs tamarind
1 packet dry mee laksa ( you can buy it at supermarket)-soak it and boil it until soft
1 bunch of laksa leaves
3 stem ginger flower-sliced 4
sugar and salt for taste
Blend it together
4 large onion
4 Red Onions
15 dried chillies (soaked for a while)
6 red chilli
4cm Shrimp paste
Raw ingredients ( bahan ulam)
3 cucumber (thinly sliced lengthwise)
3 large onions (Sliced Thin)
1 bunch of leaves Selom or Ulam Raja (Sliced Thin)-if both also can not find,replace it with lettuce.i omit it.
5 large eggs (boiled)
5 chilli Padi or Red Chillies (cut into small pieces)
- Clean and wash the fish.Boil the fish with 3 pcs of tamarind until the fish is cook.Drain up the fish and set aside. Filters the fish broth.
- Separate the fish meat from bone.
- Then put back the fish meat and blended ingredients into the broth.
- Boil for awhile.If too thick add in some water.
- Add in ginger flowers,tamarind and laksa leaves.Boil until fragrant.
- Then add in sugar and salt.Taste it.
- Turn off the hear and set aside.
- Put in cooked mee laksa into a large bowl.Add in the raw ingredients (bahan ulam).
- Pour in the fish broth.
- Serve it hot.
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest,Kedah and Perlis month
hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2....or more