1 word I can say about this tarts....Yummy...It also easy to make.Within 1 hour I can make 12 pcs but we just take less then 10 min finish all 12 pcs of it.Hehehe.....
My piping not look very nice...My mother say it look very funny but once she taste it,she can't stop.She say better keep it far from her,if not she will finish all 12 pcs...Hahaha....
Here is the recipe :
Recipe source : WendyinKK
1 Grade B egg
1tsp homemade vanilla extract
50g self-raising flour
1 egg yolk
1/2tsp homemade vanilla extract
1tsp custard powder
1tsp plain flour
1 egg white
some salt ( very little bit )
1/4tsp cream of tartar
few drop of vanilla
- Preheat oven at 150'C.I using small hole cake pan so can make 12pcs.If you don't have,you can you egg tart tin and it can make 10pcs.
- For base.Beat butter and sugar until pile.Then add in egg.Beat it become like buttercream.Add in vanilla extract.Use slow speed then add in flour and last add in milk.Mix well.
- Put about 1tbsp batter into pan.Bake in preheated oven for 15min-20min or until cooked.
- Meanwhile,prepare the custard.MIx well all custard ingredients.Then double boil it until the custard become thick.Remember always stir it.Set aside.
- For meringue.Beat egg white,salt and cream of tartar until soft peak.Then add in sugar,beat until stiff.Add in vanilla and give a light beating.
- When the base is done.Pipe the meringue round,about 3 layer.Make sure the center is empty.Then pipe in the custard on the center and pipe the meringue to cover the custard.
- Grill it upper heat for about 2min-5min or until browned.
- Serve warm.
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest ,Sabah month hosted by Mary of Pepper's Love