My Blog List

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Chinese Steamed Cake-鸡蛋糕

Today is 9th of Chinese New Year.So yesterday night is 拜天公.This year i make 鸡蛋糕 by myself.Not very big.I using 6" baking pan only.The result is i VERY HAPPY.The cake smile very happy... :P My mother say this year sure fatt because this cake smile very happy.Hope so......

Recipe modified from Reese
Ingredients
160g self-raising flour
150g castor sugar
180g eggs (with the shells.I using gred C egg.)
1 tsp ovellet
4 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla essence


Method:

  1. Beat all the ingredients in a mixing bowl at high speed for 8-9 min.
  2. Pour the batter into a 6" baking pan lined with baking paper.
  3. Coat a knife with oil and some sugar.Slice a cross sign on top of the batter.
  4. Steam at high heat for 30 minutes.


Here is another must have for 拜天公.
Long Life Toroise Bun.I Modified it from here.It very cute,right?

Wish everyone happy everyday..... :)





4 comments:

  1. These long life tortoise buns reminds me of my childhood days whereby my mum ordered 100s of them during the Nine Gods festival in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try Chinese Steam cake....

    By Olivia
    Jong Belegen Kaas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah,May I know,what can I used for replacing/substituting the Ovalette since I cannot find it in my place?

      Your cake indeed smile happily which tempting me to try this recipe...

      Thanks

      By Olivia

      Delete
    2. ovellet is for soften the cake.you can try skip it.where you stay?

      Delete